BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Walls

Inside the prison of my mind, I feel an aching, as crying deep within my heart is breaking.
When I long to see the face that I remember; the clouds have hidden all your features.
I cannot stop the tears they keep on falling, and all the wasted years in me are crawling.
Close your eyes and dream of me, try to stop the night so I can see,
all the love we shared came crashing inward crushing all my dreams to dust and splinters.

I reach for you only to grab air, feeling at every turn that I will see you there.
This crushing weight upon my soul, my heart is aching more than you will ever know.
A pile of ash where my heart used to hide; and from this death new life begins to grow.
From the darkness, a plant begins to show.

Where I thought that new life was shining through, there was only a rose with bloody thorns
fed by all these thoughts of you…
Watered by my tears and fed with all my fears, it grows inside these prison walls of mine,
and every attempt to break free results in loss. My life has become pit of regret and dross.
 
I built these walls to keep myself from harm, and now I'm only trapped by my own arm.
The floors are made of memories too sad for me to dig through.
The walls I created from the anger burning throughout my mind,
and a cloud of poison tears keeps me blind when the light still shines.
Maybe someday I can return to love again, but then that would be the greatest sin.

All contributed content © Jonathon Rose. Copyright non-transferable.

0 comments: